Watermelon is our best companion in summer. One can have many recipes from Watermelon.
You can have it as it is by removing the skin.
You can make juice, smoothies and shakes from it. Ice cream and the list goes on.
Normally we all use red p[art of watermelon and throw away whiter as well as green part but do you know that you can make yummilicious curry from whiter part of watermelon?
well, many of you might be unaware but today am going to introduce yummy and easy recipe of Watermelon’s whiter part’s sabji.
White part of watermelon- 2 cups cubed in small pieces
tomatoes- 1 cup chopped
gram flour- 1 tablespoon
garam masala- 1/8 tablespoon
Coriander powder- 1 tablespoon
salt- as per taste
oil- 1 tablespoon
Coriander- for garnishing.
- Take Watermelon. Remove red part from it and also peel the green skin off the white part.
- Chop the white part in small cubes.
- place the pressure cooker and pour oil into it.
- As the oil heats, add cumin seeds and as they crackle add Asfotedia.
- Add chopped watermelon’s white part and tomatoes in cooker and add turmeric, salt , coriander powder and gram flour into it.
- Close the lid and take three whistles.
- As it cools down, open the lid and add garam masala into it and garnish with coriander.
- You can serve it with chapatis or Parathas.
Make this awesome sabji and trust me no one would ever be able to guess the main ingredient. It is so yummy and tasty that you would never ever throw away the white part of watermelon.